White Asparagus is in season now and available fresh daily. The difference between our green and white asparagus is that white asparagus is grown underground. As the spears of white asparagus grow, they’re completely covered with a thick mound of dirt or black plastic so they’re never exposed to the sunlight.
White asparagus has a more delicate flavor than green. While green asparagus is a bit grassy, white asparagus is sweeter and has just a hint of bitterness.
Traditionally, they’re simmered in salted water and drizzled with melted butter or dipped in hollandaise sauce, but they can also be grilled or roasted just like green asparagus.
€ 7.50 per kilo / € 32.00 per 5 kilo box
Summer Spanish Melons
You know the Summer is near when Spanish Melons start to arrive. Our 1st delivery of Spanish Cantaloupes arrives this weekend and Honeydew, Watermelon and Galia are due soon! Enjoy the taste of Sunshine with these delicious flavoured fruits.
Irish Micro Herbs
We are delighted to be partnered with our local Artisan Grower for a fantastic range of Irish Micro Herbs this Summer, with some exciting new lines including Celery Cress, Red Cabbage & Spicy Asian Mix.
They are packed with flavour and will add an extra dimension to salads or that magical touch to complete a dish
To ensure maximum freshness, we only pick our cresses to order, please order by 3pm Tuesday for Thursday delivery and 3pm on Thursday for Saturday delivery. We can also take the hassle out of ordering by setting up a weekly standing order for you, to ensure you have a freshly cut delivery every week. Please contact our customer services team on 061 294552 who will set this up for you.
If there is any flavour Micro Herb you require, our grower will source the seed and grow it for you!
Summer Stone Fruits
Spanish Summer Fruits are starting to filter through this week, we have some delicious Nectarines & Peaches in stock which are bursting with flavour!
Apricots & Cherries will be available in 2 weeks time.
- All loose and prepared carrots have now increased in price. The English ( and Irish ) Season is over and Spanish supplies are not due until late August due to bad growth this year. There is high demand across Europe for Carrots at present and Israeli supply is only available which has driven prices up. This increase in price will last well into August until Irish / English / Spanish become available. All mixed Veg products containing carrots will also have a price rise
- Also, we have an increase on all fresh pipers and prepared chips due to end of English season and Spanish is not starting until mid June.
- Irish Strawberries are due in over the coming days and we cant wait!
- Our local salad growers have advised that Irish Salad lines are coming along well and supplies will start within the next 2 weeks.
- Irish Cherries are also due by the end of this month.
- Our Spanish Courgettes are great quality this week and size and taste is excellent
- The supply of Beef Tomatoes has improved again this week, having a positive effect on price.
- Due to the Spanish Parsnip season not yet starting and the Irish season ending there is currently a shortage of Parsnips. This unfortunately means we have limited availability on Prepared Parsnips which also sees a price rise.